Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Traveling- Enchanted Rock



As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, during Thanksgiving I went to Austin, Texas to visit family. During that visit I went to one of the most amazing places I have ever been in, and decided to give my usual posts a twist and share it with you guys.

The place was Enchanted Rock, is roughly an hour and a half from Austin, but it's well worth the ride, plus I love cows and I saw some of the most beautiful cows I've ever seen on the way there. Enchanted Rock is a huge pink granite exfoliation dome, and one of the largest batholiths in the United States (info from Texas Parks & Wildlife), it's simply breathtaking. All the scenery surrounding the dome and the dome itself is something I'm sure not many of us see everyday, so it's really refreshing to be surrounded by nature in this way.

I initially didn't pack any type of hiking clothes because it wasn't originally in the plans, but luckily you don't need much for this type of hike. I chose dark colored jeans and a simple long sleeved gray shirt, I added color to the look through the scarf and the jacket, I know it's definitely not the usual hiking ensemble, but it worked! All the pictures were taken by my talented boyfriend. Hope you like this post!

Let me know! 

Xo,
Flor
 

Como mencioné hace unos días atrás, para Acción de Gracias fui a Austin, Texas a visitar familia. Estando allí fui a uno de los lugares más impresionante que haya visto hasta el momento. Decidí darle un cambio a mis posts y compartir con ustedes esta experiencia, las fotos fueron tomadas por mi novio.

El lugar se llama Enchanted Rock, está como a una hora y media de Austin, pero deverdad vale la pena dar el viaje. Este lugar es un domo gigante de granito rosado y es uno de los batolitos más grandes en Estados Unidos (info de Texas Parks & Wildlife). Todo lo que está alrededor, la naturaleza y las vistas son algo del otro mundo.

Inicialmente no llevaba nada conmigo como para ir en una aventura como esta, pero por suerte no se necesitaba nada específico. Lleve unos mahones oscuros con una blusa gris de manga larga, le di un toque de color al look a través de la bufanda y el jacket. No era el look tradicional para ir en aventuras de este tipo, pero funcionó. Espero que les guste este post!

Me dejan saber.

Xo,
Flor



Photos by ramrod

Jacket: Zara, Jeans: Levis, Shades: Karen Walker, Shoes: Asics, 
































4 comments:

  1. AMAZING pictures, I'm speechless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice place! I think it's very relaxing there and feels so good to meditate in that kind of place. :)
    http://queenlytan.blogspot.com/2013/12/sweets-with-sammydress.html ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely super inspirational... I've seen few places like this one!

      Xo,
      Flor

      Delete